1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Auto Brightness too darkSupport

1. pant

pant New Member

Hi
    Been using the Note 10.1 a few months now and have found the Auto Brightness useless. When I check the Auto (in a dark room) the screen goes to the lowest setting possible and the slider makes no difference in this mode. If I shine a torch on it the screen does get brighter but I need the Auto setting to be brighter than it's default setting.

I hope this makes sense to someone

TIA
    Ant

Advertisement
    :
  2. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Have you thought about not using auto brightness and setting it manually to exactly what you want it to be on?
  3. pant

pant New Member

Not really Scan but thanks for the reply, if I use manual I would need to set light levels in different environments. We should be able to set the tolerance of the light sensor as we see fit. I have found an app called lux lite that seems to resolve the problem and am playing with it now, seems good so far.
  4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

That's wonderful. Glad you found something that may fit your needs.
    Whenever I think of auto brightness I always think of minimal circumstances or environments as you nicely put it.
    My environment doesn't change enough for me so I don't use it.
  5. pwscott

pwscott Active Member

I use Lux on my devices set t o Auto and Dynamic...usually works very well. Once in a while I set it a little brighter if I am tired and have lots of battery.