Auto Car DockAccessories

Last Updated:

1. sheepforwheat

sheepforwheat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since the droid incredible does not have a way to sense whether it is docked in a car dock. I want to be able to use bluetooth detection to simulate the dock state. I will use tasker and/or bluedock for this purpose.

My question is, can i use something like this: Amazon.com: IOGear USB 2.1 Bluetooth Micro Adapter GBU421: Electronics and have it plugged into a USB outlet in my car all the time or will i need to buy a new car stereo?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

No, those only work in computers, not car stereos.

3. clarithromycin

clarithromycin Active Member

theres an app called "car home" in the android market. you can set it up to auto launch when it connects to a certain bluetooth device.

"car home" is made by google, inc. so its legit and doesnt have that many bugs

4. sheepforwheat

sheepforwheat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. Yes I know, but the question is what type of bluetooth device do i need? I want it to automatically happen. As in, when i get in my car the phone sees a bluetooth signal and goes into car mode.

5. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

6. j006

j006 Active Member

I installed the G2-1100 kit from here: http://www.got2bwireless.com
    /products.asp

When I enter my car, it automatically pairs up, and the bluetooth pair action fires up my Vlingo in-car app. You could do the same with Tasker and whatever app you wanted obviously. It's all hands-free so you can answer, redial, voice dial, mute conversation, and switch to handset when you are exiting the vehicle if you are on a call. It also has the A2DP bluetooth profile so it's streams in audio from my DINC perfectly. If you press the center button on the unit's keypad, it automatically launches your default music app and starts playing the last song you listened to, and the keypad also control skip forward and back functionality. Of course it mutes the radio on incoming calls and also if you have Navigator turned on it will mute and announce your next turn :D

I really love it! The one I have installed replaced my 12V (cigarette lighter) socket. I have another 12V power socket on the back on my center console so it didn't bother me to lose the one in the dash. It's in the lower right hand corner; somehow the LED colors matched my dash perfectly although it's not specifically for my car...

[​IMG]

Cheers!

7. anicotra

anicotra Well-Known Member

I think google car home will work with any bt device that can pair with your phone. I connect to a Kensington liquidAux and car home launches automatically without the need of any other app. I do however use tasker to detect the bt device as well, and automatically launch slacker.

8. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

How do you get Google Car Home? It's not in the Android Market..

9. Raven93

Raven93 Active Member

You should already have it, look in all apps for "Car Panel"

10. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

That looks awesome. Sadly, I only have one cig lighter in my entire car. If I lose it, I'm SOL.