• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help auto correct won't work

vertcobra99

Aug 18, 2010
I can't for the life of me get auto correct to work on my epic.

I have it the auto correct checked in every setting imaginable and it still won't work. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution?

EDIT: I just noticed that it will work for my slide out keyboard but not when the keyboard closed.

Ever since the update happened it seems like the auto correct on the phone is not there anymore. It use to give a suggestion of words in orange but it doesn't do that any more. Does anyone know how to fix that or if it might be something they will be fixing?

Bump this....I'm having the same problem after the 2.2 update. Anyone have a fix? Google search isn't giving me crap.

Upvote 0
yea it dont work with swype and if you want it to work with the physical keyboard I suspect you have to enable one of the other keyboards

install the gingerbread keyboard, that works great for me although I dont use the physical keyboard anymore because it doesent regester every keypress the first time - there is a topic about this problem and I posted in it before posting this reply

Upvote 0
I can't for the life of me get auto correct to work on my epic.

I have it the auto correct checked in every setting imaginable and it still won't work. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution?

EDIT: I just noticed that it will work for my slide out keyboard but not when the keyboard closed.
I had the same problem ever since receiving the Froyo 2.2 update. I haven't found any solution for the stock virtual keyboards, but I did find instructions for installing the Gingerbread keyboard which is awesome, and DOES autocorrect. See link below.

How To Install The Android Gingerbread Keyboard On A Froyo or Eclair Device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones