Auto-correct?Support

1. LinkA8A0A

LinkA8A0A Well-Known Member

Is there any way to enable the keyboard to automatically correct your misspelled word when you press the spacebar and start typing the next word? I looked in settings and in the text message settings and didn't see anything.

Advertisement
  2. gs32013

gs32013 Member

try downloading Go Keyboard from the market. its quite awesome at correcting the words
  3. Coolhands

Coolhands Active Member

Swiftkey works the best IMO. It isn't really auto correct per se but you can have it set when the space bar is hit that it chooses the top "choice" on the suggestion bar. It's correct 98% of the time for me so I suggest that. Plus, Swiftkey has it's own built in Swype and it has themes so it's worth the purchase.
  4. trmiv

trmiv Member

Yea there's no built in auto-correct on the US version. Sucks because I really like the keyboard. I ended up with Kii keyboard because it's the only one I found that has a dedicated number row like the stock Samsung keyboard. I'm not a big fan of swiftkey, although I do own it.
  5. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

I've tried several and also prefer Kii. Not having auto correction annoys me and the others just don't seem to do as good a job at replacement, often leaving a word that clearly isn't an actual word.
  6. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Well-Known Member

I was just re watching the YouTube video posted by phone dog. That's one of the things he dissed the S4 for... it highlights the correct word, but keeps whatever word you typed. The One auto corrects. (That was his comparison.)
    I use Swype and highly recommend it.