Auto Correction for Physical Keyboard

Last Updated:

1. nnklem

nnklem Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I apologize if this has already been asked. I tried searching and did not find anything. Is there an app that allows for the built-in auto-correction feature of the soft KB to be used on the physical keyboard?

Is this even a possibility?

Thanks.

Big Nate

Advertisement
  2. DaveK

DaveK New Member

From what I've heard, there's no way to activate auto-correction while using the physical keyboard, which is why I don't use that keyboard at all. This was a pretty big oversight, and has been mentioned in some reviews.

I'm not sure if this could be addressed with a software patch, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Dave

3. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member

Playing devil's advocate...

When you type on a PC with a keyboard, there is no auto-complete/correction is there?

4. DaveK

DaveK New Member

No, but a PC keyboard is not 1" X 4".

5. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member

Good point. As I use the physical keyboard more, I've found that I'm getting faster by just completing the words with the keyboard.

6. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I just got my Droid yesterday and since so many people were complaining about the keyboard I came in thinking it was crap, but I actually like it. I can text decently fast but I'm not to the point where I can text without looking at the keyboard.

7. russmd

russmd Member

If it's not supposed to autocorrect, then why is there a setting for Autoreplace-correct mistyped words- in the physical keyboard menu settings? Mine does not autocorrect anything. It has to be a glitch.

8. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

It does less autocorrecting than the virtual but it should at least be changing 'i' to I and 'im' to I'm, I've seen it correct some spelling before to but I can't (another correction) seem to remember those words.

9. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member

I don't mind the physical keyboard not having auto-complete, but the lack of a spell check in the email app is a bit of an oversight.

10. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member