• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto-deleting texts?

Just curious, is there a way (or an app?) that will help me auto delete texts after a certain time frame has passed? I ask this because I have 2 threads that take EXTREMELY long to load due to the large number of texts within each (one has 1,300 texts, the other has 940). It is starting to get annoying having to wait 7-10 seconds for the thread to load. I have actually tried manually scrolling up and deleting the oldest texts but that was just WAYYY too much work and it took probably a good minute just to get to the top.

apparently there are apps (one called sms auto delete and the other autodeletesms). I havent given them a try yet, because i'm hoping there's some stock functionality. This was supposed to be added to the android os 2.0+ but maybe HTC forgot to put it into sense? Anyone else know of a better way than the apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones