• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto expand phonebook name during dialing a phone number

Ria77

Lurker
Sep 9, 2012
Hello,
I have just got Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S - LT18i.
How can I change the settings so that while I am typing a phone number on the phone keypad (i.e. the first 3-4 numbers), to have the phonebook names matching with that number displayed on the screen so that I will be able to choose the phone name I want?
Is it possible?
I had this autosearch on my old mobile (it was not Android) and it was very helpful.

Thank you

This isn't possible on the Arc S running android version 2.x - I've no idea why as my really old HTC had this functionality from the beginning.

It does work if you upgrade the phone to android version 4.0 ICS but it you can't or don't want to do that then you will need to use an alternative dialler from the market that comes with autocomplete built in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones