Auto hyphenation of numbersGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Borg

Borg Member This Topic's Starter

My Eris doesn't auto hyphenate phone numbers, I get 0123456789 versus 012-345-6789. This is when I dial and when a call comes in. Is this normal, or is something wrong with my Eris?

Thanks,
    Borg

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I noticed this too and I don't like it... makes it much more difficult to easily recognize numbers. My last phone used the hypens (not even a smartphone), so I really don't know why the Eris doesn't...

3. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

The Droid Eris doesn’t have auto equipped with a way to auto-hyphenate our numbers. However there is an app I use called Contacts Clean-Up (Free - Peter Baldwin) that turns 4095555555 into +1-409-555-5555. I am OCD about everything and I like all my numbers the exact same.

I recommend making a backup of your numbers before using the app. There is never a guarantee all apps work perfectly every time. It worked fine no problem for me. I use it after I get a few new numbered added to my contacts.

Also, it allows you to check the numbers it changed before you confirm the permanent change. Which I like. And as far as the numbers showing odd when you get and receave a call. For the numbers listed in the phone, it goes by how they are saved. The outside numbers it just bunched them up.

Hope this helps.