Auto-install backed-up apps without prompting?Tips

Last Updated:

1. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

If you try as many roms as I do, you know that reloading all those apps and having to confirm an install on each one can be TEDIOUS.

Is there an app or a script that will go through my backed-up apps and re-install them in the background with no prompting? I know Google is "supposed" to do this but I have found the apps it chooses to re-install is completely random. Sometimes in re-installs 20 and sometimes 10. I would prefer all.

P.S., I know the "donate" version of Titanium does this, but the developer makes it hard and kind of hinky buying his app (why not just put it on market)? I don't like having to pay a guy then wait a day or so for him to get back to me with a key.

Any other "batch" installers?

Advertisement
  2. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member

Doing a nandroid backup will allow this. I did it today twice after changing roms, I did restore/advance/data and it reinstalled all of my apps unlike TB where it prompts you each time. I was told mybackup pro does the same thing as well.

3. mitchellvii

I'm a little confused. a nandoid backup will allow you tto reinstall everything in one click but you are writing over the new rom you just flashed. Don't see where that helps me.

UPDATE - Oops, I get it - didn't know you could pick and choose pieces to recover like that from Nandroid. Awesome! I flash Fresh for kicks and give it a shot. Will let you know ;-)

4. mitchellvii

Ok, works a charm. Thanks again! Only problem is that it failed to reload all my widgets on my homescreens.