auto kill

Last Updated:

1. ohmaynitseric

ohmaynitseric Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so after much playful hours with my hero, i was wondering if there was an app out there that would auto kill any apps that we can select whenever we turn on our phones? i really don't mind opening up advanced task killer after every boot, it's just it would be more convenient to kill it at the start.

Any recommended apps? or if there isn't, maybe a developer would like to take this idea ;)

Advertisement
  2. 25thframe

25thframe New Member

Hi,

for auto task kills, you can use the "Automatic Task Killer" which is available on the market. It's a pretty useful application, where you can select/deselect programs that you want to be killed or not. The programs is very nicely to use. Every time, when your screen goes off, selected programs in the app, will be killed, and when you turn on your screen on, you will see a notification with information about released, and currently available free megabytes. ( you can disable the notification in app options ). The program kills the applications, even the phone is restarted ( unless you kill it, with another task killing manager :p )
    From my experience i know that there is a bug in the program, or it's may be a bug in the firmware (1.5), but when you listening music ( default htc/hero music app ), and you select to kill it in the program, when the screen goes off, the music stops, but when you turn the screen on, the lock screen, with the last played song will be there, and you cannot remove it ( at least i don't know other way to remove it ), until you reset the device. ( there is a way to remove the htc lock screen, i think in the forum there is a info about how to ). And one more thing - if you don't want getting late to job/school, always uncheck the clock/alarm applications in the auto task killer.
    Sorry for my bad english.

3. ohmaynitseric

don't worry about your english man, it's perfectly readable ahah.

But hey, this is a great app! it does auto kill when the screen goes off and that's what i like to see. Thanks for the tip! I haven't experienced the problem you had but the only noticeable thing i've seen is that when your scrolling down to your list of apps, it's REALLY slow. i'm not sure if its loading while your scrolling down but it lags a lot!

Again, thanks for the app! works wonders!

4. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

Taskpanel is also very good, I use it all the time. It is free on the market, you should give it a try

5. ohmaynitseric

gave it a try and i was really pleased with it at first. Until i saw that it misses apps that i run a lot and does not kill it. It's fast but i need something that will kill my apps lol. Other than that, it is so much faster than auto task kills i gotta say.

6. ohmaynitseric

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but did you notice any delay in text messaging or phone calls when you installed auto task killer?

At some point, my texts were delayed and couldn't receive calls here and there. I could be wrong. My network could be the problem also, but i just wanted to get your answer before i make my assumption :)

7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Despite the name, no task killer is totally automatic. Check that yours isn't killing a background process that's required and add this to the "ignore list" if the task manager has one. Otherwise there will be a delay while the process is restarted.

8. kwoodie

kwoodie New Member

I use a application called "locale". Locale enables you to create "situations" that can trigger setting changes. I wrote a plugin for locale that is available on the Android market that does exactly what your looking for.

Please check it out: Locale AutoKill Plug-in for Android - AndroidZoom.com