1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Auto on and off App

Last Updated:

1. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an App out there that will automaticly shut the phone off and turn it on and a specific time?

I am coming from a BB and miss that feature.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

There is no way to do that if you mean turning the whole device off. There are loads of apps allowing you to tun the phone feature off and on.

3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Sounds like this other thread.

A powered-off phone is a brick, it has no timed start feature like pc BIOS'es do.

Having said that, you don't need to reboot if you intend it to be some sort of housekeeping task; the device is supposed to be able to stay turned-on for an indeterminate amount of time. If it's for your own sake, that's different of course.

4. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

What are you looking to accomplish by turning it off/on? If you can provide some details, there are plenty of options to recreate the bb experience ;)

As has been mentioned, if you turn a Droid off it is off (think laptop not bb) and has no way of turning itself back on.

BB's work differently. Auto on/off is more of a sleep/standby mode feature in BB's (despite the terminology).

If you are looking to quiet the sucker down for a good night's sleep there are time based apps that will auto "quiet" it at a set time and switch back at another time.

The options range from simple (airplane mode initiating apps) to time/notification/ringtone detailed (profile apps) to location based (Locale)

I personally use Profile and love it.*

Profile - Android app on AppBrain

5. pooohbaah

pooohbaah Active Member

Use a timer app like Timeriffic and have it set the phone to airplane mode on a schedule. It's not the same as 100%, but it is pretty close.

6. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you all for your replies.

Yes I am looking for something that will make the phone "snooze" when i sleep. I will try what you guys mentioned.

thanks again