Auto-root and now no service HELP!

Last Updated:

1. mjoens832

mjoens832 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a brand new HTC Hero and I tried to auto-root it so I could remove all the bloatware that came with my phone. The auto-root worked just fine and patched 1.2.3 with no problems. However, when I boot into Android, I get a million FCs and no service.

Could anyone help me go on from here? Can I get the original RA back so my phone will work again?

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

Are you sure the auto root worked just fine? Did you create a nandroid backup? If so, then you are rooted and you can restore the nandroid backup file from the RA screen. If you can turn your phone off, then do that. Next, press and hold the "Home" button while you press the power button. This will take you to the RA screen. Go from there.

I have a feeling that you will need to delete the 1.2.3 image file and paste the 1.6.2 image file onto your SD card instead. The 1.5.2 file was screwing me up when I rooted, and replacing it with the 1.6.2 file did the trick.

3. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

just placing the file on the CD card doesn't do a thing. it would have to be flashed before it works. If the OP was using Fresh Kitchen to root, then going back and NOT telling it that it's a with google phone will upgrade to the current RA. as far as the force closes, did you try flashing a custom ROM? if so, which one? and did you wipe before flashing the ROM?

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

How do I put it on the "CD Card" ? :eek:

[​IMG]

lol...j/k mystic :)

...good advice :)