auto rooter for 2.1? Does this exist?

Last Updated:

1. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I loved Fresh's Auto rooter through the kitchen. Is there a similar solution for phones that have stock 2.1 on them? How long does the manual process take? 60 minutes?

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

3. eduede

eduede Member

4. ccapasso

The one above that i linked does not require you to have .5. I haven't tried it, as I am already rooted. However, according to the post, you simply put the apk on your phone and run the app and it roots your phone for you.

eduede likes this.
  5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Despite using a "one click root", you will still have to manually flash a custom recovery image to do anything worthwhile with the phone, aside from removing bloat.

6. eduede

eduede Member

True enough. The same site that I linked to above has instructions on setting up ol' nandroid

7. ccapasso

Yup, flashing the recovery image is a must. That is all covered here:

http://androidforums.com/sprint-hero-all-things-root/38911-guide-root-rom-faq-tutorial-1-5-a.html

8. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

the universal one click works with the .6 OTA. I did it last week and it worked like a charm

9. T 980

T 980 Well-Known Member

The manual method is quite easy to do. Just follow the instructions to a T and you should be fine. I was in the same boat you were, but did it manually anyways and it wasn't hard at all.

10. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Does the Universal 1-Click Rooting method give your Sprint HTC Hero a full root with NAND unlocked or just a partial root? I read somewhere that you need a full root to do certain things and if I am going to use the Universal 1-Click Root method I want to make sure it will give me all the access I need to do everything.

I was also looking at the UnrEVOked method and it apparently only gives you NAND unlocked root long enough to flash a recovery image. That does not seem good if you want to flash to a different recovery image or even back to the stock one sometime in the future. But maybe I just do not fully understand everything about rooting yet. I also have read that the HBOOT needs to be at a certain version to do things, but I do not even know where to start with that. Any help or explanations would be appreciated. Thank you.