Auto Rooter on a Mac

Last Updated:

1. clevernapkin

clevernapkin Member This Topic's Starter

Plain and simple, I'm sick of waiting around for Sprint to release a version of 2.1, I want the full android experience. That being said after reading through the root manuals and faqs I still am not sure if it can be done easily on a mac. I'm hoping someone might have some insight for me, or possibly an autorooter that is mac friendly.

Advertisement
  2. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

It can be done...it's a little harder on a Mac ....that's the thing about Mac's ..you can't do shit with them...lol

3. clevernapkin

clevernapkin Member This Topic's Starter

that is kind of what i feared.

4. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

You can always ask a friend to use their windows based laptop/pc though...

I've rooted a couple of phones using Mac's ... I basically pulled some of my hair out from my head while trying to root ...I don't know shit about Mac's at all...

5. jebrank

jebrank Well-Known Member

Boot camp? or VMWare or Parallels work......

6. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Member

I rooted mine with a mac quite easily. I followed this Rooting CDMA Hero [Mac] - xda-developers

the other thing you can do is use either VMware Fusion, Parallels or VirtualBox and use Fresh Kitchen in Windows.

7. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

my problem with the mac was that asroot2 would save itself as a text file on the mic... i don't remember what i did to the mac to make it a unix file...but when i finally did it..it worked..

8. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

I used my Mac to root following along step by step from -- although the author is using a PC, with any basic knowledge of Macs it was really easy to adapt....and I'm a Mac novice.

How To: Root Your Sprint Hero in One Click! (Updated 01.10.10!) | The Unlockr

It was pretty simple. I followed along the video and paused it as I went along. Just use the new recovery image recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img instead of the one in the video.

If you know how to download files on your mac, mount the SD card, and move files using finder, you can do this. You will have to download a file manager... as stated in the video.