1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Auto-rotate app free for 7 days!General

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Advertisement
    :
    Atma likes this.
  2. paulsam7

paulsam7 Active Member

Boo! They just updated the app on Monday, it seems, to make it a 7-day trial. I swear, before that it was just plain free! Now they've decided to up the ante and make us pay $2.99 for the privilege of keeping what was presented as free. I'm going to complain to the developer.

=================================================================

BIG Correction: It was always this way, I just missed the fine print when I installed it. My 7-day trial ended and I simply upgraded. My apologies to the developer; I had emailed my complaint, and I also sent my apology.
  3. shaneydroid

shaneydroid Well-Known Member

Rotation locker is free.

Though I am finding all such apps affect games and live wallpapers (stutter every second or two)
  4. viffer800

viffer800 Well-Known Member

breadnatty08 and stridermt2k like this.
  5. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

That's the direction I went.
    Just install a different launcher and keep all the butter...buttery.
  6. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Yes, the stock launcher is nice, but I dropped it in a heartbeat when it didn't rotate and long press didn't give me the options I was used to.
  7. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

8. viffer800

viffer800 Well-Known Member

You're asking the wrong fella fella

Got nae idea I'm afraid
  9. colchiro

Most roms use Nova or Apex launchers. If you don't see that, there's a chance it doesn't rotate.

You can always install a launcher tho. :D
  10. shaneydroid

shaneydroid Well-Known Member

11. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Or, you could buy Nova Prime for $4 and get auto rotate and dozens of other features to TOTALLY customize your Nexus 7.
  12. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

I'm an Apex Launcher Pro guy, myself. Works with themes from pretty much every major launcher :)

Edit: It's worth mentioning, also, that I rooted and took my DPI down to 160 :)

This enabled TabletUI, and rotation happens automagically. A lot of people say the text is too small at this DPI setting, but with the amazing resolution of this tablet, I haven't had any eye strain, at all. Also, at 160DPI, it doesn't seem to break the market like some other custom resolutions (175, for example) do.
  13. colchiro