auto-rotate not working

Last Updated:

1. DBHALL

DBHALL Active Member

My auto-rotation stopped working stopped working when I was on Midnight ROM, thought when I updated to GB28 it would be fixed. Have read in forums that this is fairly common, but tried many different things to fix, none of which worked? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Midnight didn't cause this. Didn't mean to make it sound like that

Advertisement
  2. christiansoto

christiansoto Well-Known Member

did you calibrate your device before it happen
  3. DBHALL

DBHALL Active Member

Before and after
  4. neo_lithic3k

neo_lithic3k Active Member

I ran into that issue in one of the roms as well. In that rom there was a checkbox to use calibrated values, or something to that effect. When I unchecked it, auto-rotate started working again. (I did calibrate my phone but for some reason I still had to uncheck it)
    DBHALL likes this.
  5. christiansoto

christiansoto Well-Known Member

It happened to me before so i ordered a replacement
  6. BGOszman

BGOszman Member

Had the exact same problem. Took a bit of messing with it but I finally figured out that the sensor was reading upside down and at a 45
    DBHALL likes this.
  7. bronder

bronder Member

8. DBHALL

DBHALL Active Member

Calibration is done in settings-motion-sensitivity
    TheBritton likes this.
  9. bronder

bronder Member

thanks, but that did nothing.
  10. Prey521

Prey521 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem on Midnight Rom. Calibrating doesn't fix it.
  11. DBHALL

DBHALL Active Member

I ended up having to order a new device as I wasn't sure what exactly caused the problem. Narrowed it to a problem in script, possibly from deodex? Finally gave up! Sorry I'm not able to provide more help.
  12. dueltothedeath

dueltothedeath Well-Known Member

My auto rotate also stopped working.. if anyone finds a fix without having to go back to older version of cm10.1 to calibrate let me know
  13. cpk

cpk Member

I had the some problem. I wiped, cleared, and reinstalled. Autorotate works perfectly now.
  14. Prey521

Gonna give that a try, thanks
  15. DBHALL

DBHALL Active Member

Try updating your profile: settings-updates-update profile:p
  16. bronder

bronder Member

Tried this, still nothing... thx for the suggestion. Will putting cm10.1 on, and using the calibrate from it help? It seems like this is a fix.
  17. Prey521

CM10 is a completely diff ROM. So yes, it will fix the auto rotate issue, but you won't be running MidnightRom anymore.
  18. DBHALL

DBHALL Active Member

Try *#0*# This is the only option I didn't try before I ordered new phone!
  19. Prey521

Resolved the issue with the rotation. With the help of an XDA member (dev for Magic Unicorn ROM), he had me flash an old version of CM10 which has the gyro sensor calibration tool. I flashed it, enabled the Use calibration values, calibrated the Gyro, then confirmed that it's working in the apps, then disabled the "Use Calibration Values", factory wiped and flashed the ROM of my choice and voila, rotation is working!
  20. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

good to know incase it happens to us, you may want to post a link to said rom incase it happens to others :D
    Prey521 likes this.