auto rotate not working...Support

Last Updated:

1. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure what I've done. I certainly haven't dropped it and the screen orientation is set to auto adjust under the display menu.

Anyone else having problems?

I have a task killer and made sure programs arent eating up RAM.

Advertisement
  2. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Some notes:

I have tried calibrating the G sensor and tried in both landscape and portrait orientation.

The issue exists in all apps: photos, browser, IM, etc.

Sometimes when it does rotate, it's delayed. If Im in portrait then rotate to landscape, then back to portrait after maybe 10 seconds, it will go to landscape mode from the initial portrait mode and remain in landscape mode.

Otherwise amazing phone but this is getting frustrating.

3. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

It will only work if you rotate it with the trackpad on the right.

4. kdwg927

kdwg927 Member

Quick question --

are you rotating it the correct way? It will only rotate with the trackball to the right, not the other way around. If thats not the problem, I would definitely exchange it right away, as there should definitely not be any lag on it at all.

5. E.K M3

E.K M3 Active Member

Delete...

6. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

Haven't got our incredibles yet, but on my ipod when switching to landscape mode it works better the more your phone is tilted. So if your phone is perpendicular to the floor it should work the best.

7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Are you trying to rotate the screen on the home screen or in the browser or an app? Because the home screen does not rotate.

8. djacris

djacris New Member

I just started having the issue of the phone not orientating correctly. The orientation is checked, I have downloaded two different launchers with no success. I think I am going to take the phone back tomorrow to see if they will just replace it.

9. cat3584

cat3584 New Member

Hey

I'm new and I know it's a late response but I have android 2.2.1 on htc desire hd and my auto-rotate was working fine till one day I decided to calibrate the g-sensor, I didn't know what it was so pressed the button while just holding the phone in my hand to find out lol! Big mistake bcoz once this was done the auto-rotate was permanently on landscape! I hadn't a clue how to fix it until I read this thread. I'd tried placing it on a flat surface to recalibrate the g-sensor but it didn't work, but it mentioned on another thread about the camera which I totally forgot about and when I placed the phone on a flat surface with the camera over the edge so that the phone was completely flat. I recalibrated and I am soooo pleased to say that it worked for me and my auto-rotate is back to normal! Yey! Hope this is helpful :)