Auto-rotate problem with froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. username27

username27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

auto-rotate seems to have changed, it now defaults to the last orientation an application had since last used. so opening it again would disregard the current orientation. for example, if an app was last used on landscape and you hold the phone the normal way (not landscape), when I open the app, it would be on landscape orientation and I would need to shake it just to have it corrected.

this is not good specially on browsing the internet, or the facebook app, or the gallery. not sure what other apps are affected. any way to turn this back the way 2.1 auto-rotate works?

regards,

Advertisement
  2. Kingston

Kingston New Member

After update of 2.2, I have done Factory Reset:) & it Worked for me to solve this problem:D

3. janine13

janine13 New Member

Having the same problem with my auto rotate. I updated to froyo same day i got my desire, about two weeks ago so never got the experience with 2.1 now once my message auto rotate to landscape, all other mail apps will be on landscape and even when i shake the phone it does not revert back. I have to reboot my device and uncheck auto rotate to use my phone. Also the volume no longer decreases when i pick up the phone even after many resets.
    Have a lot of installed apps, if i hard reset do i loose everything and have to start all over and is it sure to fix everthing mentioned?

4. SB13X

SB13X Well-Known Member

Hard Reset does remove everything back to factory defaults (but with FroYo still installed) however for all the apps you download via the market they are listed under downloads to enable quick reinstalls.

5. Kingston

Kingston New Member

^^

I can understand that Hard Reset would delete all ur precious data. But it worked perfectly for me solving the above problem

6. janine13

janine13 New Member

Thanks for the tips, still trying to get my head around doing the hard reset. Will get rond to it though, somehow!

7. al911er

al911er Active Member

I was having the problem after installing 2.2
    Mail and messaging would only show in lanscape. Did not want to do factory re-set..
    I went into settings---display----G-Sensor calibration at bottom.
    Set phone on flat surface and hit calibrate.

Fixed problem.. :)

alexp86 likes this.