auto-rotate screen problem

Last Updated: 2012-06-29 17:50:58
  1. wolfstain

wolfstain New Member

Greetings, I wonder if anyone can help me, I have a problem with the automatic rotation of the screen, just does not work, or good only works the first time when I re-established the factory settings, but after turning it off and then turning on does not work, and I will not be restoring the factory settings every time I turn it on, and even the auto-rotate in the display options is disabled (I can not even activate or deactivate) ...

It's very strange, I thought it was the tablet or the android version (2.3) but I tried different roms and happen the same problem ... Why?

PD: Also it is the same to lock the screen, pressing the power button should be blocked slightly, but not, it only works right the first time that they restore factory settings ...

-------------------
    sorry for my English.

Advertisement
  2. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Can you please tell us what device you are using?

Also, where are you trying to use the auto-rotate? Most home screens on phones do not auto rotate. You need to use an app that supports it like your browser, email or message app. Some apps do not support auto-rotate like The Weather Network or some games that need to be in a specific orientation.
  3. wolfstain

wolfstain New Member

I have a chinese tablet emdoor em86.

The problem is that no one application works, even those designed to check the g-sensor, and disables auto-rotate function and it is curious that the first time I started to restore the factory settings everything works perfect, but after turning off and restarted after this no longer works, I think it should be something on the android, I dont know if when you turn it off after restoring the factory settings save any new settings... and if so, let me know if there is any way to modify it to hold that factory settings at least with respect to orientation.

And not just orientation, is also the subject of the power button which also works perfectly when you restored the factory settings allowing lock the screen, but like the orientation it dosnt works when you turn it on after restoring factory settings (the first time when I restore factory settings works)
  4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with that particular tablet. I would suggest you contact the manufacturer for support on that device.
  5. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Is there a slide switch on the top of the device, my tablet has one which locks the screen from auto-rotating