auto-rotation problem .. maybe?

Last Updated:

1. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im just curious if anyone else has the same thing. when my droids all closed up and i rotate it to landscape with the keyboard closed and its on the homescreen .. it wont switch to landscape unless i open the keyboard OR i open an app. are they all like this?

Advertisement
  2. RobertDroid

RobertDroid New Member

Yup - that's how it's designed.

3. canhead64

canhead64 Guest

kind of g a y isn't it? even my POS storm had autorotate, imagine that???

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The DROID auto-rotates in every other screen accept the homescreen ... And this makes it "g a y"??? :confused:

FWIW, every other home-replacement app out there auto-rotates the homescreen. So ya see . . . yea, there's an app for that!!! HELLO! :rolleyes:

5. canhead64

canhead64 Guest

don't get me wrong, i LOVE my droid. it just irritates me that it doesn't autorotate. i got used to it on my storm and i would really like it to work on my droid. and i have tried the other homescreen replacements, they irritate me worse than the original homescreen. original= no autorotate---replacements=tons of things i can't stand. like not being able to remove the side docks in panda home. i can get rid of all but three. i don't want any.

6. messenger13

If you really want to be annoyed ... I'll tell you that the 1st release of DROIDs did have an auto-rotate homescreen. But the 2.0.1 update killed that feature for good. Maybe it'll come back. (Yea, right) :rolleyes:

Have you tried Sweeter Home yet. If you can dream it, it'll do it. Checkout this thread for more details. This is my Sweeter Home theme.

In Sweeter Home, not only does the homescreen auto-rotate, but you get to redesign the homescreen so it works in landscape mode more effectively.

But warning ... Sweeter Home comes with a learning curve. It takes a little bit to learn. But once you "get it", it ROCKS!!!

7. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

Joe, I haven't tried Sweeter Home yet - question for you: Are you getting FC's or lagging with it at all? Just curious...

8. messenger13

Now that I am pushing it with 3 full screens (that act like 9!) of trays, apps, widgets, and pics ... it is starting to get a little buggy. But this app really isn't even in beta yet. The dev seems to be working overtime trying to make this the greatest thing since sliced-bread.

I know it would be very difficult to leave Sweeter Home now that I have it, and it's setup the way I like it. Going back to Launcher or Home++ would suck.