Auto scroll issue with video

Last Updated:

1. CeeJayII

CeeJayII Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here is a video of the auto scroll issue I've been having. YouTube - Motorola Droid scroll bug It happens everywhere, scrolling through apps, contacts, market, etc... It happens about 1 in 5 times I tap the screen quickly, the phone just scrolls to the bottom of whatever I'm browsing automatically. It seems to go away when i deliberately press the screen. Is this just me or a common problem? This is my 2nd phone that has had this issue and I really don't wanna have to go exchange this thing again.

Advertisement
  2. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

I believe it is a gesture that's made to scroll. It looked like you did a quick flick. I tried on my phone and was able to reproduce by flicking diagonally up and right.

3. jsalimao

jsalimao Active Member

I have the same problem. I don't think it is a feature because it isn't repeatable. It only happens sometimes.

4. CeeJayII

Well I guess it will be back to the verizon store for me then. Can't believe this has happened twice. I have paid apps on my phone too, kinda annoying.

5. SlaveUnit

SlaveUnit Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing. If you paid for your apps, big deal, they will auto download as soon you as your new phone is activated. This applies for all the apps on your phone linked to your phone number.

6. CeeJayII

Tried exchange my phone for the 2nd time today, this time I tested the new phone before leaving and it had the same issue. The only thing that has been consistent through each of the 3 phones is the memory card, I'm wondering if perhaps it has something to do with the problem. Seems unlikely but I'm gonna do some testing.

7. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

It's not a phone hardware issue. It seems to be an Android issue. Seems that the "flick to scroll" gesture is a little too sensitive. I have the same problem and it is very annoying.

You can exchange your phone 50 times, and you will probably still have the issue.

8. himaginer

himaginer New Member