Auto switch from wifi to 3g and visa versaSupport

1. Keshya

Keshya New Member

How can I get my phone to auto switch between wifi and 3g? Is it possible?

Advertisement
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

It does it automatically. If you leave both WiFi and Mobile Data enabled, it'll switch to wifi whenever a known wifi router is in range. When out of range, it'll use 3G.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

What do you mean? If WiFi is on, if it connects that will take priority. If you leave WiFi area, you will be on 3g.

What other variables would you want to employ?
  4. Keshya

Keshya New Member

It doesn't do this. I am using wifi and the modem is freezing. When this happens my phone tells me I'm not connected to the internet and won't load pages. I have to tar the wifi off and then 3g kicks in.
  5. rfurman24

rfurman24 Member

My Verizon S3 is doing this. I have to manually turn off the WIFI for the the 3G to kick in. Did you figure anything out.
  6. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Well-Known Member

The Sprint GS3 comes with the sprint connections optimizer and during the 3 days that I used it switched between 3g and WiFi automatically. I have since disabled it because the occasional pop up annoyed me LOL.
  7. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

If it's your modem that's freezing, then the phone is still connected to your router, so it doesn't know that it can't connect to the internet. That's why you have to turn off wifi.

Keep wifi on and walk out of range of your router to see if it will auto connect to 3g/4g.
  8. rfurman24

rfurman24 Member

Today I left the house and left WiFi on and it switched to 3g without a hitch. I don't know what is going on.
  9. shivram100

shivram100 Well-Known Member

Install Juice Defender Ultimate, and you can configure to switch on wifi when you are in range of your preferred network.
  10. rfurman24

rfurman24 Member

I spoke to spoon. My connectivity issue is getting worse. It no longer matters if Wi-Fi is on or not. It tried the sim card trick to no avail.
  11. prakashranka

prakashranka New Member

I have a similar issue l, when my mobile data and wifi both are enable the wifi doesn't get connected, only mobile data works and if I disable my mobile data my wifi works. Can someone Pls advise me what is going on.

Thank you