• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto Sync

age109

Feb 3, 2011
So i removed the power control widget that had toggle switches for gps, bluetooth, wifi, autosync, and brightness.

In doing that I also disabled autosync and gmail wasn't delivering emails until i manually synced it. I'm looking for the autosync setting without using the widget, but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is located?

So i removed the power control widget that had toggle switches for gps, bluetooth, wifi, autosync, and brightness.

In doing that I also disabled autosync and gmail wasn't delivering emails until i manually synced it. I'm looking for the autosync setting without using the widget, but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is located?

I thought it was under "Settings -> Data Manager -> Data Delivery -> Background Data" but I have a widget to disable background syncing and when I turn it off, that still stays checked. You could always just re-add the widget and turn it back on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones