Auto Text feature like blackberry?Support

Last Updated:

1. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if android has an autotext feature where I can auto correct words. Former bb users should know what I'm talking about.

2. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

people have installed the hero virtual keyboard that has a better autotext / predictive text than the native android browser. if you search around, i'm sure you'll find it (i don't have the links offhand)
  3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I have FILES on hand to offer if needed, just send me a PM with an e-mail address or something of the like to send to.
  4. dmoseder

dmoseder Member

No it doesnt, and it is frustrating that the messaging on android is so basic and sucky, Handcent SMS has the autotext feature, but once you use handcent for awhile you'll realize its buggy and this stuff should be implemented into the default app.
  5. OldDogEyes

OldDogEyes Active Member

search for "FireKeys" on Android forum... there is a free version with a limit of 10 shortcuts and a paid version with unlimited.
  6. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

It'll get better pretty quick. Android is catching on like wildfire. 3.0 is going to be slick.
  7. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Personally I've never experienced any bugs at all with handcent. I've been using it since the second day I had my phone.
  8. someguyatx

someguyatx Well-Known Member

Handcent is a godsend compared to the default message app. I like the popup featre but as mentioned it can be buggy but itsnot bad. My main issue is when I get a call and text at the same time the phone freaks out and temporarily locks up.
  9. paulrein

paulrein Member

I installed Smartkeyboard and it has this feature. It will even autotext a timestamp using %t. Prior BB user.