1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Auto Text???General

1. techkid

techkid Member

I'm waiting for my G1 to come in this week, but when I was playing with it last week, I didn't see where you can add in custom auto text entries. I saw where you can enable/disable the feature - does any one know how to add in custom entries?

Advertisement
    jmar likes this.
  2. ram100987

ram100987 Well-Known Member

having a full qwerty keyboard, I don't see needed auto text much because once you get used to it, you should be able to type fast enough that auto text won't really speed you up, especially if the auto text isn't very good at guessing what word you want to use. Like on my blackberry pearl that I will be using until UPS drops my G1 off in a few hours, sometimes it guesses words pretty well, but other times it can guess pretty much jibberish words thats I've never seen in an english dictionary....
  3. Android0523

Android0523 Well-Known Member

I use auto text on my blackberry all the time. I abbreviate long phrase I use all the time, especially while chatting. I hope this feature is available in the G1 or at least coming soon.
  4. techkid

techkid Member

Yeah, I have a sidekick right now and I use it all the time too. Here's hoping for an autotext app....
  5. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

I JUST got mine - time to open it up and play! :D
  6. Android0523

Android0523 Well-Known Member

Do share, please..I am turning blue waiting the brown guy:mad:
  7. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

first thing is that texting works like IM - incredibly fast and intuitive. Time to get unlimited sms or make sure i don't have any friends with G1s!
  8. unplugged

unplugged Member

I have a BB Curve and use the AT feature a lot. I miss being able to create AT entries. The spell correction feature is OK, but I use many tech terms and specific procedures that could be auto filled if there was a program to create/edit AT entries. Lets hope someone offers this program soon. Cupcake feature maybe?
  9. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

"auto suggest" is what google has been calling it and it's one of the features that's is listed in..... you guessed it, cupcake.
  10. ShiftNo

ShiftNo Well-Known Member

Anybody know if any sort of auto-text app or dictionary editor has been released for Android?

Coming from a BlackBerry, I would LOVE to be able to have "idk" turn into "I don't know" -- stuff like that. Saves so much typing.

I know that Android has suggestions for typos, but in addition to that I think it would be awesome if you could add in your own entries so you can have shortcuts when typing.

Anybody know if anything like this exists yet, or if it's possible to simply edit the auto-correct dictionary?
  11. ShiftNo

ShiftNo Well-Known Member