1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

auto updates... aghhh

Last Updated:

1. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

caution: rant below born out of frustration, not yelling just need to get it out

I hate em, I don't want em but yet some apps (ie the cursed amazon mp3) keep updating even though I uncheck the allow auto updates button in market... WHY???

I have unchecked that stupid button at least 6 or 7 times, stop auto updating already!!! I don't want it!! :mad:

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

If you root, you can control those sorts of things.

3. sharkerbaby

Thanks for the reply

I am rooted.

How can I control auto update? I don't want to delete it (I have moved/deleted others tho) incase I decide out of the blue that I MUST have some awesome song I just tagged on shazam right NOW.

If i freeze it using TiBu will that keep it from updating??

And there's a few other apps that I do use but don't want to auto update either such as google goggles. So if freezing is the answer above I'll still have the auto update annoyance for other apps

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

TiBu can break market links, so the you can still use it, but the Market thinks you've deleted it

sharkerbaby likes this.
  5. sharkerbaby

ahhh, of course!! why didn't I think of that. Thanks!! Huge help, you single handedly brought my stress level down to with/in acceptable levels :)

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Think nothing of it. It's a gift. :)