Auto volume control while headphone is plugged in?

Last Updated:

1. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like to listen to MP3 with my Hero. But the ringtone volume is way too high with a headphone. So before plugging in the headphone, I have to manually turn down the volume. And also I have to remember to revert it back to normal level when the headphone is unplugged.

Is there an app to do it automatically? Or am I the only one here?

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Your using the wrong volume control.
    Its the media dial that controls the volume for music.
    The ring tone volume control is for ring tones only.

3. itandy

Actually, what I mean is I want to have different volume levels when headphone is plugged in and unplugged. It applies to both ringtone and media volumes.

4. indie13

indie13 Member

hey its my first post here after getting a hero a few weeks back...

This issue has been driving me mad too! i cant userstand how this setting or "headset volume" isnt a default.

I've tried some apps but nothing seems to work as yet.... any tips all i want is an app to stop my head being blown off when a call comes in and i've got my headset in.:)

5. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

There is an app that allows you to control the volume of the ringtone, music and alarm.

You won't be too surprised to learn its called Volume Control :) Search "volume control" in The Marketplace.

I found it very handy and its free.

Cheers Al

6. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

Doesn't appear to be able to set separate levels for Headphones connected / speaker volume which is the whole point of the thread, no?

7. itandy

Glad to know I'm not alone here. I found an app called aHeadset in androlib.com but in my region my Hero cannot download (buy) it. Perhaps you can give it a try.

aHeadset v1.0.0 Application for Android | Tools

8. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

The other option is the paid version of Locale, which (either directly or via a plug-in - I cannot remember now) can activate a profile when the headphones are plugged in. I use this to turn down the ringer and notification volume when I have headphones on and they automatically revert to their "normal" settings when I unplug the headphones again. Being Locale, you can also set a whole range of other settings at the same time.

9. itandy

Unfortunately, in Hong Kong, Android Market doesn't allow us to purchase applications unless it's free. So both aHeadset and Locale are not an option here.

10. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

You're right Wahwah if you were using volume control you'd have to set it manually as there is no auto adjust(headphone in/out), but it is one option that allows you to easily set a volume for each task.

Al

11. itandy

I just solved my problem by installing Toggle Settings (Cupcake). It supports defining different profiles which can be triggered by rules such as Headset is plugged-in. Worth checking out.