• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Autocorrect - please stop typing 'Yiu' for 'you'...?

Dom Orsler

Mar 24, 2015
I've converted from iPhone to Note 4. Gotta say, I'm not loving the keyboard, despite the large screen. Autocorrect ain't great, but I'm sure we'll get there in the end. But there's one consistent, very common autocorrect issue that's driving me close to mental. Maybe it's just how my hands fit the keyboard, I dunno, but...

Almost every time I try to type 'you', I type 'yiu' and instead of autocorrecting to 'you', it gets autocorrected to 'Yiu'. Which is really stupid, because outside of China, people aren't typing 'Yiu' very often compared with 'you'.

Is there a way I can customize autocorrect on a Rogers shell so it never types 'Yiu' and autocorrects 'yiu' to 'you'?

Also, can anyone recommend a really user friendly keyboard that doesn't interrogate everything I type and send it to the FBI or evil marketing companies?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones