Autocorrect text/Replace textSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chas

Chas Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I've been searching all over and can't find the info i want.

Is there something i need to download to enable auto-correct and auto-replace typing features?

I can see in my text messaging that im automatically becomes I'm, which is great. But it doesn't do this in any other applications (only in text messages).

Furthermore, i want to add items to the autoreplace list, such as my name (capitalizing the first letter automatically), and other changes that i used to have on my Sidekick 3 (itss -> it's, smoment -> Samsung Moment, and probably many others i would think of over the months).

Is there an app i need to download? I want this feature enabled on every part of my phone, not just text messages.

Advertisement
  2. Chas

I guess no such capability exists?

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

i'm using the 'hero' keyboard and the predictive text is pretty good - it allows you to save and remembers entries you've typed in before and such.

it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's something... there used to be a thread called predictive text or something...

4. Chas

Thanks!

Does this keyboard work in all applications? Email, text (i use ChompSMS), AIM, etc?

What should i be searching for? I can't find the Hero Keyboard in the Market.

5. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

6. Chas

Thanks.

I tried the download that it eventually leads to...it definitely works, though i wish there was an easier way to set up the dictionary. This is probably the best i'm gonna get for now though, so thanks!

On the Sidekick, you can program specific auto-replace words, like i mentioned in the first post. Looks like i still can't, for example, type "pmanning" and have "Peyton Manning" come out automatically.

7. Chas