autodial prefix internally

Last Updated:

1. kermit_frosch

kermit_frosch New Member This Topic's Starter

I hope (but am very sure) that this is the right place to ask...
    The situation: ich use the mobile contract of my company, which I may also use privately. However, in this case I have to dial *+150# as prefix before the number. For text messages the prefix is just 150.
    Sure, one could save the targetnumber already with the prefix - but since it is two different ones, the mapping from the phone book doesnt work...

Replying to a text message, it is sent to the sender's number, instead of to the one with a prefix saved in the phone book. (The Hero is able to map the sender's number to the according phone book entry (incl. prefix))

I'd like to change my Hero in such a way that whenever I dial a phone number of a certain group (e.g. friends), the respective prefix would be prepended. Similar, for text messages the respective msg-prefix (150) shall be prepended.

Do I have to root the phone in order to realize these functions? And above all, how would I implement my ideas?

Cheers,
    kermit

Advertisement
  2. 253°below

253°below Member

Hi!

I don't know if you still have this problem, but my app "Prefixer" could probably help you!
    Read more about it here: http://androidforums.com/application-announcements/151909-prefixer.html

It won't add any prefixes to text messages, but you may set it to add the *+150# in front of the numbers you call without having to change your contact list!

3. mrfrenzy

mrfrenzy New Member

I have the same request as the poster, how does one apply prefixer to groups?

4. 253°below

253°below Member

Hi!

The contact group condition in Prefixer will be added & implemented in an update soon. For now, it's only possible to use a condition that checks whether a number exist in the contact list or not.