Autofocus when recording video.

Last Updated:

1. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I had no luck in the other thread, but is the Evo supposed to be auto-focusing when video recording? When It's not recording, it auto-focuses on anything I'll point it at just fine, then when I hit record, and happen to move, it stays blurry and doesn't auto-focus.

Advertisement
  2. rud562

rud562 New Member

I have the same issue along with the camera, when I take pictures in daylight they come out awesome but if I take them @ night they come out blurry with the flash on its crazy

3. ThatNewAndroidGuy

Well I was asking about VIDEO recording, not taking pictures. Try recording some video and see if it auto-focuses WHILE its recording. Mine isn't auto-focusing during recording.

4. jsnole

jsnole Member

Mine does, just top a short video, and it focused all over the room then back close up.

5. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

There is no autofocus while the video is recording, only white balancing. It will lock focus on wherever you aim it when you start recording. Not a bug, just doesn't have that functionality.

6. ThatNewAndroidGuy

Well dam aren't u a lucky one. I jus tried with a co workers evo.....and his doesnt auto focus while recording. Only when its not recording. Kind of stupid. How are we supposed to take video if it can't stay focused.