Autolink Bluetooth

Last Updated:

1. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if we can automatically link to a Bluetooth device once you enable Bluetooth? It's lame to turn Bluetooth "on" with the power widget but have to go to the bluetooth settings to actually link to a device.

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Um that shouldnt be, once you pair a device over blue tooth it should automatically connect/disconnect any time you go in or out of range (assuming of course both devices have their blue tooth radios on). So, unless there is a setting somewhere that got changed, you have something weird going on.

3. skinien

Yeah, that's definitely how my iPhone worked. Do you use Bluetooth - have you successfully connected to a device the way you mention? I have to open up Bluetooth settings and "connect" the device every time. Bummer.

4. Infinite-t

Yea, I have blue tooth in my car. When I get into my car and turn it on, the blue tooth unit turns on, it takes about 10-15 sec, but then, yes the phone and the blue tooth unit automatically connect. I havent had to manually re-connect them since the initial pairing.

skinien likes this.
  5. skinien

Okay, thanks! I used to turn Bluetooth on, wait a few seconds and see that they aren't connected, go into the settings and click to connect. There's a REALLY good chance that I'm just not waiting long enough. I'll let it sit and see what happens.

6. Infinite-t

Hehe, ya, it takes it a good 15 seconds or so, maybe longer sometimes. Hope that works for you.

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

When I turn my headset on, it automatically links if the Captivate's bluetooth was on. If I happen to turn on my headset before turning on bluetooth on the Captivate, a tap on the button of the headset is all it takes.

skinien likes this.
  8. skinien

You're awesome! That was my problem... I turned Bluetooth "on" before I started my car.