Automagically goes to Silent mode when USB plugged in.Support

Last Updated: 2011-07-17 17:35:37
  1. TheLandYacht

TheLandYacht Member

This phone has done this from day-one that I got it, and I'm wondering if it's something specific to this model, something's messed up...or if it's a known issue (oops, I mean feature) with Froyo. I'm pretty sure it is NOT an app doing this, as it's been happening right from the get-go.

Whenever the phone is plugged into USB on my computer (I didn't get a charger with my phone, so it's the only way I can charge it, plus I use the plugin to control the phone from my computer), I'll periodically look down & notice that the phone has set itself to Silent Mode (Settings/Sounds/Silent Mode checkbox). If I turn the sound back on, I'll later look back down to notice that the phone has turned it off again.

I've read a few forum entries on various forums, and invariably, the first questions asked are "Are you sure you're not bumping the buttons or accidentally changing the setting?". This occurs while the phone is plugged into USB, sitting untouched face-up on my desk.

I have seen a couple of mentions of various combinations of sound-mode apps used to prevent silent-mode from happening, but none of them seem to prevent this. Most recently, I installed "Silent mode blocker" and "Night Ringer Free" as I saw suggested.

I'm open to suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Sanyo Zio by Kyocera
    Running Android 2.2
    On Cricket network (if that matters).

Tested with 3 different computers, reproducible on all 3.
    1. WinXP with my control software installed (MyPhoneExplorer)
    2. Win7 with my control software installed (MyPhoneExplorer)
    3. A random friend's WinXP computer without even the phone drivers installed.

Advertisement