Automate entering password in a certain app (good for entreprise)

1. krugman99

krugman99 New Member

Hi to all,

I am a new android and tasker user and I would like to create a profile that allows me to automatically (or very quickly) enter a password for the app Good for Enterprise.
    I tried to add it in the clipboard when the app is launched but the thing is, it is not possible to paste the clipboard inside the password prompt area.
    Any idea how I could bypass this?

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced that this is a good idea. This would seem to make it easy for a thief to have access to the app if the phone were lost or stolen? This is one reason some apps have a password to limit access.
  3. krugman99

krugman99 New Member

Well, I agree on principle but I already have a gesture lock and I am also thinking about a tasker task that would allow me to wipe the data from my phone when it is stolen.
  4. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

I'd like to explore why it doesn't paste. Did you try pssting into another app like a NotePad just to make sure the clipboard was full?

I wonder if slight improvement in security is gained by storing your password on root directory (assuming you have access)...then other apps can't get to it unless have root...right? Maybe stotr it in form that needs to be manipulated to give the final password.
  5. niedejb

niedejb Member

6. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

It's quite possible that the developer has disabled the paste function for that specific text box as an added security measure.
  7. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

That seems to be the assumption of op, but my reaction is 2-fold:
    1-is it really possible for developer to disable pasting? I don't know but I think generally we are interacting with the built in keyboard, not the developer program until press enter or submit. I personally have not encountered login screen that doesn't allow pasting.
    2- even if #1 is possible, given that op started he was new to android and tasker, it seems at least worth double checking the simple easy things...that the content we think was loaded into clipboard was actually loaded and the paste procedure used actually works in other applications. Otherwise pasting is disabled and then there are not many simple easy options....one linked above may be exactly what is required but it's outside my own knowledge and comfort zone
  8. krugman99

krugman99 New Member

Hi!

sorry for the delay but I didn't get any notifications...
    Anyhow, that's indeed what I tried first: paste in another app and the password did paste. So I guess paste is indeed disabled on the password screen...
    I will have a look at other solutions...
  9. peh803

peh803 Member

Did you ever successfully get Tasker to automatically enter your password into Good for Enterprise? I'd like to do the same thing.
  10. epereira

epereira New Member

Creat a Task --> INPUT --> TYPE --> <enter your PW>
    Create a Profile to use this task --> Application ---> GOOD MSG

This will fill in your PW whenever you open GOOD MSG but you will still have to "submit" the PW with the DONE or GO key press on the screen

If you want to simulate the submit as well you can add another task in the list ---SCRIPT -->RUN SHELL -- input tap X Y (where X and Y are the screen coordinates of the DONE or GO key). I do not use this as I switch between portrait and landscape mode and the coordinates change.
    peh803 likes this.
  11. peh803

peh803 Member

I am using a galaxy note 2 that's not rooted. On my device, the text option under input is unavailable (red text with an x under it). Clicking it anyway says something like, "Sorry, this is not available on this device."

Looks like maybe root is required? I've rooted several previous phones and the thought of rooting this one doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'd prefer if it was rooted. But in order for Good to continue to operate (which is required for my job), root is not allowed. Sucks. If there's no way around this without root requirement, I guess I'm stuck. If you know away without root, I'd love to hear it! Thanks again!!
  12. epereira

epereira New Member

Sorry, yes you need to be rooted. I have a rooted S3 and am using GOOD without any problem - perhaps your IT policy is set up differently?