1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Automated backup?

Last Updated:

1. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering if there are any apps that will run an automated wireless backup at a specified time? Let's say I want my G1 to back itself up at 4AM each day. And then at this time, it will run a backup, and then email the backup file to another email address I have?

I don't have a G1 yet, ordered it yesterday, so I'm not sure if it already has something like this in place.

Advertisement
  2. harleyxlc

harleyxlc Member

Things I would want backed up that aren't synced...

desktop layout/icons
    system settings (brightness, volume, etc)
    data in apps (lists, locale settings, etc)

I would love something like this...I am used to WM apps that backup everything, you hard reset, restore and back to exactly where you were.

But yes, the Google syncing does make a hard reset, less painful.

3. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would like almost everything backed up. My emails would obviously be safe, but, I do like having my SMS and MMS messages backed up, that, and kind of like an iso or image file of my G1 and its current apps and settings.

I don't own a G1 yet, I ordered one on Friday. And, I'll admit, when I made this thread, I totally forgot that all contacts are saved inside my Google account, heh, so those don't really need to be backed up.

4. rivviepop

rivviepop Member

Find the application "MyBackup" in the Market -- it's getting better with every release. The latest version as of now can back up Contacts, SMS, MMS, Bookmarks, Settings (device), and AK Notepad notes to your SD card. It's a must-have app.

Also look for "Astro", the latest version can back up your installed programs to your SD card as well.

5. orcking

orcking Member

+ your home desktop

version backup is next