• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automatic Airplane Mode

AHanks12

May 4, 2010
Virginia
Anyone know of an app that will automatically put my phone into airplane mode? I frequently go in and out of secure facilities throughout my work day and I often forget to put my phone in airplane mode, (using the widget), causing serious battery drain. Is there an app that will do it for me after not haveing a signal for a certain period of time?

Locale or Setting Profiles will do the function you want, but not in the way you describe it. They won't put the phone into airplane mode when you have no signal for a while, but they can do it based on your location. If airplane mode shuts off GPS (it shouldn't since GPS is receive only, but I dunno if it works that way or not) you'll have to manually turn airplane mode off when you leave those locations...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones