Automatic Airplane Mode

Last Updated:

1. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know of an app that will automatically put my phone into airplane mode? I frequently go in and out of secure facilities throughout my work day and I often forget to put my phone in airplane mode, (using the widget), causing serious battery drain. Is there an app that will do it for me after not haveing a signal for a certain period of time?

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Locale or Setting Profiles will do the function you want, but not in the way you describe it. They won't put the phone into airplane mode when you have no signal for a while, but they can do it based on your location. If airplane mode shuts off GPS (it shouldn't since GPS is receive only, but I dunno if it works that way or not) you'll have to manually turn airplane mode off when you leave those locations...

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

The first one that jumps to mind is Locale, but it's a paid app. It basically uses GPS and lets you use different settings based on different GPS locations. I've not tried it out though.

4. AHanks12

I appreciate the advice, guys. I looked into Locale a little before posting my question. Guess I'll give it a try and see if it does what I need.

5. AHanks12

Just a heads up for anyone else interested in this: Locale is exactly what I was looking for, they offer an "Airplane Mode Plug-in" that will automatically activate the airplane mode based on my location. The app is $10.99 and the airplane plug-in is an additional $1.99. Worth every penny.