Automatic brightness bug?

Last Updated:

1. MovingColors

MovingColors Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So here's my problem,

Ever since I got my Droid my automatic brightness has worked fine. It's been extremely fast, reliable and the power manager widget works great as well. As of yesterday, however, now my brightness seems to stay the same all the time. Whenever I attempt to adjust my brightness in settings, it immediately reverts back to automatic brightness and keeps itself at the same level. Also, the power manager button no longer works either. Instead of cycling through the three different settings it turns my brightness all the way up, and when I press my power button the screen takes a few extra seconds to dim before shutting off. If anyone has also had this problem or a possible solution I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

I had this exact problem. The only solution was to do a hard reset. After doing this back in March, I have not had any problems. I never did figure out what caused this. Hope this helps.

3. MovingColors

MovingColors Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I'll try it today. I hate doing hard resets haha when I had my Eris I was doing them almost weekly! But thanks for the help I wish I knew what causes this problem...

4. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

It might be an app. If you can think of anything you might have just downloaded test it out. Only other thing I thought of.