Automatic conversation recorder.

Last Updated: 2010-09-21 07:29:00
  1. jahabdank

jahabdank New Member

Hey Everybody,

I am looking for an automatic conversation recorder application. What I need the application to do is to constantly 'listen' on the microphone, and as soon somebody around starts speaking (the noise level increases to high) it automatically starts to record the conversation. Once there are no more sounds coming in for e.g. a few minutes, it stops recording.

Have anybody heard of an app like that?

Thanks,
    Jahab

Advertisement
  2. jahabdank

jahabdank New Member

anybody?
  3. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

Its not something I've heard of, but I can imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to write an app for those who know how to program apps. Are you trying to record with subterfuge or something? If not, you can easily just start the recorder before a conversation begins.
  4. LaCeS OuT

LaCeS OuT Well-Known Member

vRecorder works.
  5. Intruder

Intruder Well-Known Member

Also bang illegal to record a conversation without the other person knowing
  6. EinZtein

EinZtein Well-Known Member

This law had recently changed, permission no longer needed.
  7. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

Actually, that's not true. It only changed in regards to federal charges, not local or state. Their laws still stand.
  8. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

It's always worth bearing in mind that Android is pretty much a global product - hence without knowing otherwise it's quite possible that the OP is from Eastern Tasmania as they are from the US.

This being so, it behooves each person knowing about the rules applicable to the jurisdiction in question.
  9. goodm0urning

goodm0urning Well-Known Member

not that i condone it, but if i really needed to get a recording of someone, i'd do it...
  10. mancow

mancow Well-Known Member

It depends what state you are in. Some only require one party know about the recording.

11. braj

braj Well-Known Member

I have a Pulse Smartpen, it does this but honestly I'd rather have an app for my phone, it would be more handy.
  12. braj

braj Well-Known Member

duh, sorry don't know how to delete...
  13. jahabdank

jahabdank New Member

Hey,

regarding the law:
    I am not from US, and in my country it is legal to make recordings, of personal coversations. They can not be used in the court as evidence, but you can record them.

I am a doing a speech and conversation related research, and I am interested in recordings only for the scientific purposes.

The thing is that the most interesting reactions you can observe when people are surprised, thus I will not always have the time to click record (sometimes I act spontaneously). At first I thought that I would record the whole day, and then in the evening just edit the interesting parts, but this is just annoying. It should be quite easy to make an app that only starts recording if the volume suddenly increases.

Thanks in advance,
    Jahab
  14. jahabdank

jahabdank New Member

Just to clear out, I am not interested in phone conversations (there is a dozen of apps that can do it) - I am talking about person a person conversations.