Automatic predictive text?Support

1. girlinblue

girlinblue Member

Skimmed and didn't see this in the list - don't flog me if I'm asking a repeated question.

I got my S4 today. (Yay!) But the predictive text is making me angry. On my Evo Shift when I mistyped a word and then spaced to the next word it automatically corrected. Is this not a thing this phone does? I mean the list pops up but if I space and keep typing it just keeps the ugly word. It's absolutely time consuming and frustrating for me to have to select the word that pops up each time. Hopefully I'm explaining that right.

If there isn't a way to fix this what are my (no root) options?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

No worries, we don't flog here :)

I don't have the s4, but is there a setting for predictive text behavior in the keyboard settings under language and input settings?

If not, I know swiftkey keyboard from the play store supports this
  3. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

There are tons of KBs on the play store for use. I assume you're complaining about the stock KB and if I understand correctly, the loss of that function is a result of the Apple/Samsung feud/lawsuit, etc.

Out of the 11 KBs I've tried, I've more or less settled on the Kii KB as my current fav on my non-rooted GS4.
    girlinblue likes this.
  4. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I switched to Swiftkey right away. Best keyboard out there IMO
    girlinblue likes this.
  5. girlinblue

girlinblue Member

Thanks for the responses. My shift left me behind times. I assumed keyboards were a root only thing. Doh.

I tried swiftkey but the automatic spacing drove me nuts. That was the only flaw it had. I didn't see an option to shut it off. Someone turned me on to Kii and I love it. Seems like it's often overlooked.
  6. girlinblue

girlinblue Member

I was schooled on this: Apparently apple sued Samsung and this was one of the issues. So it doesn't do it. I just didn't realize it was as simple as a new keyboard app. :)