Automatic profile / Scene switching?

Last Updated:

1. Duke of Phone

Duke of Phone New Member This Topic's Starter

So is there an app out there like this currently? I have had phones in the past (Windows, Blackberry) that there have been apps that will automatically switch settings on your phone based on location or time. I think especially with the new senseUI it could be very cool using the phone GPS and or towers to automatically switch to the work scene as you arrive to work switching to maybe vibrate instead of audible ring as well as the different home screens. As you leave work it would switch to another scene? maybe even integrate to the calendar so that if you have a "vacation" it could switch to vacation scene off of category?

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

I believe the app you're looking for is in the Android Market and it's called "Locale."

It's very versatile but found it took a little too long to update locations and switch profiles.

3. Duke of Phone

Duke of Phone New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a bunch, that looks like what I am talking about! I don't actually have my phone yet, I am just getting my ducks in a row for when I get the Hero with Sprint.

4. zurloid

zurloid Active Member

LocationBot can set your profile according to your location. You can configure the interval at which it checks for location changes, it defaults to 60 seconds but you can make it shorter if you prefer. It will use GPS or network to get the location.

LocationBot

5. onlyurei

onlyurei Member

Smarter Profiles - Automatically switches your predefined profiles based on location and time for your Android phone

Smarter Profiles - Automatically switches your predefined profiles based on location and time for your Android phone

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.intofan.android.smartprofiles