Automatic Reboot???Support

1. guzziknight

guzziknight Active Member

I've started having some issues with my Evo. Hopefully it's nothing big.

Sometimes, after using an app for a while, usually a photo related app, when I close the app, phone will do a partial reboot. It goes to the white screen with yellow "htc" on it. It'll be there for a bit, then finish booting up.

Sometimes, for no reason at all, even when it's not being used, the phone will do a complete reboot. When that happens, some of my app icons that I have in various folders change. They go from what they should be, to a green and white Android icon. The app still opens correctly, just the icon changes. I then have to delete the app from the folder, and move it back in to get the real icon back. This doesn't happen with every app, only some. Not sure why this is.

Any ideas on why this is happening, or how to fix it? It's getting frustrating, and making me want to go back to the iPhone!!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

uh oh. i had this very same issue where it would do random reboots. it start where it would get warm then reboot and it was usually when i was online or using gps or pandora. but then it would get more frequent so i had to take it in to sprint. to show them my issue i ran pandora and google maps and sprint navigation and it finally rebooted. they gave me a refurbished one, and i have not had any issues with it since.
  3. guzziknight

guzziknight Active Member

That's what I was thinking it might be. I'm going to go to Sprint tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks.
  4. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member

Mine started doing this recently when I use the stock camera app. Take a picture, phone will freeze the restart/boot. Think I'm going to upgrade to the Photon, was going to do the Evo3D but didn't care for 3D or camera. Not sure what happened but my girlfriends phone did a random complete factory reset. She was pissed, did not have her contacts set to link with Google so she lost a lot of them. EVO's been a great phone not sure why this is happening now. I did a factory reset on mine since I use pretty much the same apps all the time I'm done trying every app under the sun. The novelty wore off after a year (almost).