Automatic Reminder in Calendar?

Last Updated: 2012-08-23 13:31:05
  1. PerfectReign

PerfectReign Well-Known Member

I've been using Microsoft ActiveSync to hook my Galaxy S2 (on Tmobile) to my work Exchange Server. My hope is that I can ditch my Blackberry and carry one device.

When creating a meeting request or an appointment, on the Blackberry, the default is that there will be a reminder set for whatever I say in my preferences. In both Exchange/Outlook and Google Calendar, I have a default reminder set for 15 minutes prior to the event.

However, when I create an event on the device, no reminder comes up unless I specifically request it. Any idea how to change this?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

On my phone, its set within the calendar app. under default reminders. So when I create an event, the notification default reminder is already set.
  3. awriternot

awriternot Well-Known Member

Not sure about this one but before my company decided to block Android devices, I used ActiveSync too. For email, I used Moxier Exchange. Its a paid app but there is a trial.
  4. PerfectReign

Thanks. However, I've no such option. I only have alerts and synching.
  5. PerfectReign

Ill give that a try. I had attempted to use another tool, but that didn't work well.

[​IMG]
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I just downloaded aCalendar, and use it as my calendar and had everything go through it and hide the default calendar app from app drawer. I have set it to make events with a reminder to alert me 15min prior automatically. Its sort of a front end for the default calendar app, so you still have all functionality on a better interface.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDEsIm9yZy53aXRob3V0aGF0LmFjYWxlbmRhciJd
  7. PerfectReign

Thank you, chanchan - however, that app will not work for me.

Unfortunately, the developers don't have an "agenda" view.

Here's what the stock calendar view looks like for me. I'd like the font to be a bit smaller but it is readable. (I need a Galaxy SIII, the Galaxy SII is too small.)

[​IMG]

Now, using aCalendar, the same day using the stock day view. Totally unusable. From what I can see there's no zoom or list view.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the tip, thouth. I'll keep looking. :)
  8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide