Automatic Ring and Vibrate change?General

Last Updated:

1. rwake2

rwake2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Question: Is there a way to have the G1 automatically change from ring to vibrate and back?

Example: Motorola phone. While in my pocket I have it set to vibrate, but when I plug it in to charge it switches to ring. When I unplug it from power switches to vibrate. It does this automatically.

Example 2: Blackberry phone. While the phone is in the holster (magnetic type), it it set to vibrates. When the phone is taken out of the holster, it rings. It does this via different profiles for in/out of holster.

Reason for the feature: I like to leave my phone on vibrate while I carry it, but when I get home I throw it on charge. Won't do me much good if it still vibrates, and I'll constantly forget to manually change it back and fourth.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Flatman

Flatman Well-Known Member

There is an app called "locale" that you can set to do different things based on where you are by GPS and cell tower triangulation...it seems to not work perfectly yet though.

See this thread:
    http://www.androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=811

3. rwake2

rwake2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I just downloaded it and you can set up events (like ringer adjustments) for power setting changes. It warns that it may take up to 10 minutes, no worries there. Testing it now, if it works this is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

4. Scottdroid

Scottdroid Active Member

yeah, I was going to suggest Locale also. I have it set to vibrate and to change my wallpaper (to my baby) when I get to work, and then when I leave the work zone it switches back to ring and one of the stock wallpapers.

Amazingly promising program. I think the main problems with it don't have to do with the app itself, I think it's Googles Maps/GPS.