Automatic Scheduled Power off/on App?

1. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member

Is there an application that will turn the power off and on automatically at preset times? I would like to have the power off after a set time (e.g. 2 am) at night and power back on in the morning. I notice that my battery only reaches full charge with the power off. (Sorry if this is a new-bee question, but could not find this topic in searching the site.) Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Something like that would certainly simplify the plug-it-in-at-bedtime-power-down-during-breakfast routine, wouldn't it? I found something called "Power Off" in the Market, but it requires root. :(
  3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are power-off apps, but I am pretty sure they all require root.

There shouldn't be any power-on apps, because a powered-off phone is just a brick, it has no timed start feature like pc BIOS'es do. :eek:
  4. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member

I am sure you are correct. I had this feature with my former Palm Treos and Centro phones (Phone Tecnician app) that allowed scheduled off and ons, and hoped the Adndroid phones had this ability. Thanks.
  5. dsolo

dsolo New Member

the regular mytouch had an alarm that use to go off even if the phone was powered off. i wonder if that alarm app can be added to the market