• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Automatic Screen ON/OFF on cover close

Witek Lonski

Lurker
Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone :)

Irecently purchased a cheap cover with a lid for my samsung tab 4. Itsfaulty and theebayer does not speak english well so a return/refund is impossible. I have thought I could salvage the situation and fixthe issue i am having

When i usethis particular cover, and closethelid thescreen doesnot tur off - it remains on, howeverif i open the lid and fold it atthe back as if to use it like normal, the screen shuts off. Im thinking the magnet in the cover is installed incorrectly and the polarity is reverse of what it should be standard. So when its facing the other side the magnet is round the right way and it activates the off switch on the screen

BUT that is soooo annoying andi can notuse it.

Is there a setting (for the life of me i cannot find it) to switch off this feature so that ican still usethe faulty cover and toggle the screen on/off function manually by pressing the power/sleep button?

Samsung Tab 4 Android OS 4.4.2

Thanking you... :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones