Automatic Screen Orientation Issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. DGRYAN1977

DGRYAN1977 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since downloading 2.2 my phone sometimes switches to landscape by itself. Especially with Handcent. I have to shake the phone a few times to get it to not be landscape.
    Anyone have this problem or any advice?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. literacolax

literacolax Well-Known Member

I have handcent and havent seen a single problem with the program or anything else on the phone for that matter.

3. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

i have been having issues too. i use portrait the most, so i took automatic rotation off and set up a shortcut 'display settings' so i can easily turn it back on if needed.

edit: i installed the ruu, so factory reset in not a cure. i think it is just more sensitive now.

4. literacolax

I did however do a factory reset on the phone as soon as it was updated so that it wouldnt be running on top of all of the bs that was still there from 2.1

5. smile44

smile44 Well-Known Member

I have the problem too, my only annoyance with 2.2. I don't use handcent, but it happens with gmail and websites from time to time. No factory reset, haven't been able to convince myself to do it for one issue. Too many reports of people losing 3G after the reset, other problems, etc.

6. literacolax

I havent heard of too many people having problems after the reset, maybe im one of the lucky ones who has a problem-free phone......maybe i just jinxed myself.

7. DGRYAN1977

I am having a VERY hard time convincing myself to do a factory reset.

Another question for everyone, I thought with Froyo ALL screens would be able to turn to landscape? When I mean ALL I mean, homescreen, apps, etc...?

8. smile44

Haha, I felt that way when I first got the phone. I ordered it, then started following the forum. Got worried I was in store for a horrible phone with all sorts of problems. Received the phone and it was perfect. Didn't have any of the issues I read about on here. Probably another reason I don't want to do the reset. I bet I will eventually though.

9. smile44

Yeah, I think a lot of people were expecting that, but it's just how Sense is. Lots of the apps do work in landscape mode, but that depends on how the developer created the app.

10. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

Someone else had a similar problem with another app. I think they said it seemed to stop after they recalibrated the phone. menu>settings>display>G-Sensor calibration. Hopefully that will help.

11. literacolax

Ive never actually had any problems with the phone, I just heard that the best thing to do after you got the update was to do a factory reset to get rid of all the old BS.

12. literaldave

literaldave New Member

having the same problem with the mode switching, did a calibration and it didn't fix the problem

13. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member

having this issue as well. Really annoying.

Tried calibrating, same crap.

14. literacolax

Well Dave, what you need to do now is take your phone and throw it up against the wall as hard as you can. Afterwards call verizon and tell them they need to send you a new device because the one you currently have just "stopped working"

15. DGRYAN1977

I calibrated and it helped a little but did not fix the problem.