Automatic Silent mode?Support

1. chocky909

chocky909 Member

Why does my phone always turn to silent mode after a period of unuse? I've got silent mode set to off and vibrate set to always. Android version 2.3.3.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chocky909

chocky909 Member

BUMP

Can I assume no one else is getting this problem? I think I might just need to upgrade my firmware or something.

Just to explain. After a few hours of not being used I will hear my phone sharply buzz then I will look and find that it has set to vibrate only mode and I have to manually reset it. This affects calls, notifications and alarms which will all be vibrate only.

That's a pretty big fault unless I'm missing something.
  3. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

There is an option somewhere that the phone will go silent if turned face down...you know good if you enter a meeting. Perhaps this is what is happening?

I wish this feature worked for me but my custom kernel prevents its function.
  4. arnould

arnould Well-Known Member

Hi;
    there is many things that can turned on silent mode ;
    -If this is some how accedently happening in your pocket, so i'd suggest setting an unlock pattern.
    -or if you turn down the ringer volume the whole way it turns on silent mode..

i think that you might try an app that allows the creation of sound profiles for phone ring and notifications. profiles are outdoor, silent.. etc ,its the Night Ringer app I heard about before and i think this should solve this problem :)

Java Programming
  5. chocky909

chocky909 Member

Thanks for the replies guys but this is definately not happening in my pocket or face down. It actually lets out a buzz after a few hours of lying on its back when it changes.

Maybe the easiest thing would be to download an app that overrides it and I can set it how I like.

I should probably update the firmware too as that might solve the issue which no one else seems to be experiencing anyway.
  6. goodsames

goodsames New Member

I am having the same issues but its in 2~5 sec
    it will auto-change it to silent mode on but not even the vibration will be turn on
    btw my vibration is set as away on
    and i turn off the "turn over" motion too....
    so basically I wouldnt be able to see the phone ring other then putting the phone on my face to see the phone is lighting up cause by the incoming call...

can anyone solve this problem?
  7. SherazS2

SherazS2 Active Member

I'm also facing this problem but not that much...still wanna know the solution.
  8. alagha

alagha New Member

I am also facing this problem. I just feel the buzz of my phone while its lying on its back face up. When I check the phone I find that it turned itself into silent mode. I didnt face this problem earlier when I bought my Galaxy S2. I started getting this problem when I started using Voxer (walkie-Talkie app) actively. What I also noticed is that when I turn my phone into silent and put it in my pocket, it turns into non-silent mode also by itself. Weird problem. Could this be the reason or is it just a coincidence? Can somebody help me please? I would greatly appreciate it.
  9. alagha

alagha New Member

did you find a solution to your problem? I am facing the same problem and it is pretty annoying..Can you help?
  10. waad94

waad94 New Member

I have the same problem! Did anyone find a solution to this?? I cant find answers anywhere :(
  11. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

Check the details in under the 'Power saving options' settings.