Automatically deletes txts messages

Last Updated:

1. escataco

escataco New Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently traveling in Puerto Rico where there is no Verizon service for my Motorola Droid. First of all I am very pleased with the Droid (including the keyboard) and Android OS 2.0. Have been playing with it since december 13th and i especially love the txting app. In my home, Berkeley CA, it worked great, but now in Puerto Rico there seem to be some glitches. I turned off the auto delete messages because I prefer that. Not sure if its because I disabled the auto delete or because I am in Puerto Rico, but randomly when I go to my txting app, all my threads will be gone. This has happened to me twice now within a week. Quite annoying. Anyone having the same issue or have some idea on how to solve it?

Thanks all, and love the Phandroid site btw. Been keepin up with u guys since for ever ago.

Advertisement
  2. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

My DROID from time to time deletes all my threads and I have it set not to also. It is very annoying, but nothing to serious.

3. ohvzwguy

ohvzwguy Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed entire threads disappearing but sometimes just a short series within a thread. Like 4 from the middle of a thread. Also sometimes I will have several threads going and they will all list the same contact when they are clearly from different people. Very weird.

4. escataco

Yes, very weird. Well I am currently having some success. I currently have a thread with 500 txts and a few others nearing 100. If they blank out again ill try to post what I was doing at the time. Thanks all

5. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

ahh! mine did this last week too!!!! i had thousands of texts in multiple threads and when i went to my messaging they were all GONE. I wasn't too pissed off about it thankfully but why the hell did it do that?

6. escataco

ok, all my threads were deleted once again and I am getting quite annoyed. Tbis time I noticed what I did right before everything got deleted and all I did was a simple phone unlock. I don't have a key to get in, just the simple unlock swipe. Can any droid masters help please? Thanks again

7. baybeeshy

baybeeshy New Member

It's been bugging me!! I deselected the "delete old messages" option & my Droid deleted all my text messages probably at least 5 times since I've had the phone! I replaced the phone beginning of this month and it still deleted all my messages!

8. MyCameraIsPink

MyCameraIsPink Active Member

there mine go AGAIN!! there are multiple threads for this topic already... guess none of us can figure it out... sh*ts getting old...