• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AUTORECOVERY] Flashing TWRP > |in 30 seconds|< on your LG G2; VS980 [ALL VARIENTS!]

robles4242

Sep 14, 2014
USA
I just upgraded my cellular device of choice from a LG VOLT (Which WAS the greatest phone i have ever had) until my purchase of a Factory Unlocked LG G2 and Root via the IORoot method worked like a CHARM!
If you need to Root your G2; The IORoot method I used can be found here:
[HIDE][ROOT] Root your G2 [ATT|VZW|TMO|KT|RGS|BELL|TELUS|OPEN] [Yay!][/HIDE]

AFTER THAT:
I had one hell of a time trying to find a method to install a custom recovery with positive results! Team Win Recovery Project has always been a personal favorite of mine, and i could not get it to work correctly with the normal way of using Flashify; and the next route i tried failed when the specific versions download link of the G2 FREEDOM TOOL my phone requires was dead - (Version 24a). The "Loki" method also wouldnt work for me either. So just when I was about to give up; Low and behold; I found a method that appeared EVEN EASIER then all the above. It is a simple .apk that automatically installs Loki, and flashes TWRP Recovery (v2.7) in about 30 Seconds!
PLEASE NOTE: I just want to share the EASIEST process i have found to install a custom recovery in hopes it could help someone else who encountered the same problems I did.
I of course take NO CREDIT for this method; and I am not responsible for any damage or any voiding of any warranty that doing this to your device could cause! I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT MY WORK! IM JUST PROVIDING A LEAD!

Here you can find the G2 Freedom Tool - TWRP:
[HIDE][Tool] G2 Freedom Tool vs980 39a TWRP[/HIDE]
Here you can find the TWRP via Loki Method:
[HIDE][GUIDE] INSTALLING TWRP on LGG2 (VZW, AT&T, TMobile, KT, d802, others) [UPDATED] [/HIDE]

BUT!!! When if those methods fail you; or you just want to try something as EASY as downloading and Installing an .apk; using a "One Click; No Brick" process called: "AutoRecovery" then GIVE THIS A SHOT!!!

How it works:
NOTE: AutoRec – KitKat Recovery Installer downgrades your phone’s KitKat bootloader to the older replaceable bootloader that allows installing a custom recovery. Replacing any of the partition on your LG G2 might prove risky. Install the app at your own risk!

AutoRec app can install TWRP Recovery version 2.7 on the following models of the LG G2:

Choose the correct .apk file download for your phones new TWRP recovery by selecting which carrier LG G2 you have.
Choose your correct Carriers download link below:

Verizon LG G2: VS980_AutoRec.apk
AT&T LG G2: D800_AutoRec.apk
T-Mobile LG G2: D801_AutoRec.apk
International LG G2: D802_AutoRec.apk
LG G2 D802T: D802T_AutoRec.apk
Sprint LG G2: LS980_AutoRec.apk (some users reported white lines issue after using AutoRec)
Canadian LG G2: D803_AutoRec.apk
Latin American G2 D805: D805_AutoRec.apk

Korean Models:

F320K_AutoRec.apk
F320L_AutoRec.apk
F320S_AutoRec.apk

Just grab the appropriate AutoRec – KitKat Recovery Installer and flash the TWRP recovery right now.
Fixing White Line Issue After Flashing TWRP

If you have used AutoRec on your Sprint LG G2 and facing white lines issue or if you have Korean model F320 and have lost Knock On, here’s a solution for you. Download the patched Kernel file for your LG G2 model from here, copy the KK_Kernel_XXX_jdi.zip to your phone and flash the file in TWRP recovery. If you do not know how to flash files in TWRP, follow Steps 4-7 from this guide.

I am giving credit to the source of: Where I found this: Kevin With Tech
Im not sure if he is the Dev Source or not; IF CREDIT IS DUE ELSEWHERE; PLEASE Let me know! I'm not the kind of guy to try to steal credit for someone else's work, i know how hard it is! I am just here to share a very NICE source of a method that I found which actually HELPED me out a lot; and if It helps even ONE other person like it did for me; then I am happy enough!

Here is his Donation Link:
[IMG="Here is his Donation Link if It Helped!"]https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif[/IMG]

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones