1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Autosuggest No Longer Works

Last Updated:

1. Goat Shagger

Goat Shagger New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 24, 2012
    Since the recent bunch of installed updates, my autosuggest and autocorrect no longer seem to work properly. Or at least in the same way they use to do.

When I misspell a word or hit the key next to the letter, suggestions world automatically come up. As it would also when the system figured out the word, I was typing.

Some suggestions now come up but not many. All that I same to be getting anymore are suggestions from names on my contact list, words with special non-standard spellings that I have added to the dictionary or else four-letter words from the TextSwear app that I have installed. It seems absurd that I am trying to type a regular word like 'time' and the only suggestions that come up is now the word 'f**k'.

Everything was working fine two days ago. Four-letter words would come up alongside regular names and suggestions, now the regular suggetsions no longer do. After I have misspelled a word and it comes up underlined in red squiggles then I can correct it using the spellcheck but no autosuggest.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what is causing this problem and how I might remedy it?

Yours thanks in advance.

2. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

Jul 14, 2012
    I don't have a solution offhand, but you could always try another keyboard and see if you get the same results